07 September 2009

Top 20 Simple Korean Expressions


Suppose there's a chart for the most widely and frequently used Korean expressions, I"ll contribute these as the nominees ^_^
  • The first is 사랑합니다 (love you): I've watched tons of Korean dramas and this is the word I love to hear.
  • 잘했어요 (good/great): I first knew this as I got my quiz answer sheet. I could answer almost all the questions correctly and my teacher wrote this on my answer sheet.

  • 반갑습니다 (nice to meet you): Say this when we meet someone for the first time after introduction.
  • 안녕하세요? (how're you?):  The other version of 안녕 하십니까?
  •  실례합니다 ((excuse me): I heard this when 이수정 (하지원- in Memories of Bali) wanted to end the conversation with  정재민 (조인성)
  • 감사합니다 (thanks): It's another version of 고맙습니다
  • 고마워() (thanks): You can leave the ending 요 or simply say 고맙다
  • 미안합니다 (sorry): the formal version of 미안해(요)
  • 어서오세요 (welcome): A host/ hostess says this to his/her guests
  • 어떻게 지내세요? (how's it going?): Ask this to someone you haven't met for a long time.
  • 잘지내요 (allright): this is the answer. You can say the same with interrogative intonation to ask how someone's going.
  • 또마나요 (see you/ take care): To say good bye when we part.
  • 죄송해요 (excuse me/ pardon me-when you cause inconvenience to someone else): I saw 이수정 (하지원) says this when she meets 정재민 (조인성) at night.
  • 괜찮아요 (fine/OK) : Say this when someone just fell down or gets hurt. There's a song in 18 vs 29 using this word as the chorus, too!
  • 안돼요 (don't!-to prohibit someone doing something): 강하나 (played by 김아중) in 200 Pound Beauty screams this when a producer wants her to get some nose job!
  • 들어오세요 (come in): If you're sitting inside a room, say this to someone outside to come in.
  • 들어가세요 (come in): if you're outside of the room, and you want someone to come in, say this. 
  • 알았지 (got it?-to make sure someone agrees with you): 강혜원 (한은정) in Full House says this as she wants to make sure the hesitant 이영재(정지훈) not to stay away from her anymore.
  • 싫어 (no way/ I don't like): After being kissed not on her free will by 정재민, 최영주 (박예진) says this.
  • ? (why)

No comments:

Post a Comment

have your say, here!